Edgeville Buzz


Be The First To Know

Teen Charged In Argyle Red Line Shooting Remains In Jail After Mom Refuses To Pick Him Up

CPD Photo Of Suspects

The Argyle red line shooting last week on the station’s platform was a bold act by a 14-year-old suspect who was eventually taken into custody. Last Friday many residents were angered when a judge allowed him to be released from a juvenile dentation facility to his parent without electronic monitoring or bail due to police allegedly not working within current laws. The boy however, is still behind bars after his mom refused to pick him up from jail.

The teenage male was officially charged with a felony count of attempted murder and a felony count of aggravated battery/discharging of a firearm. When he appeared before Judge Linda Pauel on Friday she released the suspect because he was already in custody for 42 hours and police did not bring him before a judicial office within 24 hours. 

Mom however, never showed to pick him up. She allegedly said the trip was too far and that he was likely more safe in jail. The mother also apparently told authorities that the teen was sent downstate earlier in the year for his safety but ran away and made his way back to Chicago.

This is not the first time the suspect has had run-ins with the law. Police say that he was known to them well before the shooting incident. In fact, there were two other times that he appeared in front of Judge Pauel and that he was in violation of his probation by being in possession of a handgun.

He is currently being held at a detention facility for two weeks due to that probation violation.

 

Hat tip: CWBChicago.com


We invite you to comment as Edgeville Buzz's GUEST. We review all submissions before they go live on our site. We encourage civil dialogue. Posts must adhere to our comment policy and we reserve the right to delete posts/ban users for instances of inappropriate language, bullying speech, character defamation, spam, etc.