Edgeville Buzz

Be The First To Know

Fire on Granville

(Photo courtesy of Brandon B on Facebook)

There was a 2 alarm fire yesterday shortly after 4PM at an apartment building at 1241-43 W. Granville. According to multiple news sources, the fire was a result of unattended cooking and left 6 people homeless and sent a firefighter to the hospital. Because of the difficulty of the blaze, at least 8 fire engines, 4 trucks and 100 firefighters responded to the scene.

Read more: Chicago Sun Times, Chicago Tribune, Fox Chicago News (check out their photo of the blaze), Chicago News Report (video)

We invite you to comment as Edgeville Buzz's GUEST. We review all submissions before they go live on our site. We encourage civil dialogue. Posts must adhere to our comment policy and we reserve the right to delete posts/ban users for instances of inappropriate language, bullying speech, character defamation, spam, etc.